Teigha Viewer is a free cross-platform application provided by the ODA to end users only for the visualization of CAD drawing files. It incorporates the power and flexibility of Teigha® into a single application that can render both .dwg files and .dgn files using a common command interface for both formats.
In addition to serving as a rendering tool, Teigha Viewer can be used as a test container application for TX developers. TX developers can load custom TX modules and run custom commands from the console, and can also customize the Teigha Viewer menus.
ODA members are utilizing the Teigha platform to create thousands of CAD and technical graphics applications across a wide variety of engineering domains. Teigha Viewer highlights only a small subset of the full platform capabilities.
Teigha Viewer contains the following features:
- Load, save, print, and render .dwg and .dgn files.
Recover and audit damaged .dwg files.
Create new .dwg files.
Import .dgn files. New in 3.8.1.
Work with architecture objects (uses Teigha Architecture integration, Windows only). New in 3.8.1.
Draw simple entities: boxes, spheres, and lines.
Zoom, pan, orbit, and select various preset 3D views.
Select an active layout via drawing window tabs. Switch the current viewport.
Select and deselect items in a drawing. Delete items from a drawing. Use grips in .dwg files.
Undo and redo operations in .dwg files.
Draw boxes, spheres, and lines.
Edit general properties of entities; edit all properties of lines and arcs in .dwg files.
Edit layer properties using the Layer Properties Manager (turn layers on/off, etc.).
Use menu, toolbar, and command window interfaces.
Customize menus and toolbars via .cui files.
- View and change system variables, and reset system variables.
Load Teigha Extension (TX) plug-ins on demand or explicitly via user request.
Load .NET TX plug-ins (Windows only, ODA members only).
Execute loaded commands via a menu item.
Define in a Startup Suite the applications to load automatically when Teigha Viewer starts.
Enter arguments and switches when running the Teigha Viewer executable to automatically open files, run scripts, and load TX applications. Enter /? for a list of arguments, for example: "c:\TeighaViewer.exe /?".
Teigha Viewer is available for the following platforms:
- Linux (OpenSUSE 11.2 x86, Ubuntu 10.10 x86)
- Mac OS/X (Snow Leopard x86 10.6 or later)
- Windows (XP or later)
Questions or comments about Teigha Viewer can be submitted at: http://www.opendesign.com/contact.
RPM Package: TeighaViewer_lnxX86_4.4dll_3.08.2.i386.rpm
- Above installer was created for Linux OpenSUSE 11.2 with KDE4.3 (x86 with 2.6 kernel).
- Requires Qt 4.5.3 or later.
- Click the .rpm file in the Linux browser (Dolphin) to install the application.
- Above installer was created for Linux Ubuntu 10.10 (x86 with 2.6 kernel).
- Requires Qt 4.5.3 or later.
- Use system software to install, for example, dpkg -i TeighaFileConverter_lnxX86_4.4dll_3.08.2_i386.deb, from a command line (may require superuser privileges).
- Above installer requires Mac OS Snow Leopard x86 10.6 or later.
- Windows XP or later.