Built on top of the Teigha C++ development environment, TeighaX puts stable, powerful, and mature .dwg file technology into the hands of ActiveX developers.
- Supported DWG™, DXF, and BDXF file formats:
- Read support for .dwg files created in Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2.5 through AutoCAD 2012.
- Write support for .dwg files created in AutoCAD 12 through AutoCAD 2012.
- Render .dwg and .dxf files using GDI, OpenGL, or DirectX.
- Recover and repair damaged .dwg files.
- Recompute dimension geometry from dimension settings.
- Edit and manipulate DWG data programmatically, including (with many more):
- Explode an entity into a set of simpler entities.
- Apply a transformation to an entity.
- Modify arbitrary properties of database objects.
- Export .dwg and .dxf file data to SVG, PDF, DWF, BMP.
- Import DWF files.
- Support for "round-trip" data. For example, when saving a 2007 .dwg file back to R14, 2007-specific properties are saved to the R14 file as xdata and then restored if the file is loaded back into a 2007-compatible application.
- Support ACIS internally, including rendering (wireframe and shaded) and access to the underlying boundary representation data stored within an ACIS entity.
Due to restrictions of the COM environment, TeighaX does not allow users to create custom entity classes derived from standard TeighaX for .dwg files entity types. Users interested in utilizing Teigha Extension technology to extend objects should use the Teigha C++ environment.
Supported Operating Systems and Compilers
- Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems.
- Visual Basic, C#, C++, and other COM-accessible development languages.
- x86 and x64 versions available.
DWG is the native and proprietary file format for AutoCAD® and a trademark of Autodesk, Inc. The Open Design Alliance is not associated with Autodesk.