With the introduction of Teigha.NET, ODA has taken a new approach to .NET support. In the past, ODA has offered .NET products which contain a subset of the functionality available in the underlying C++ components. This "classic" approach used distinct class and function names from the underlying C++ components, which added an additional level of complexity both for users and for our internal development purposes.
A Better Solution
Teigha.NET is instead a product of a new process that uses SWIG (www.swig.org) to generate .NET wrappers directly from our C++ components. This process provides the following advantages:
- .NET wrappers can be automatically generated (as opposed to our classic .NET support which was manually coded), saving a significant amount of development time.
- .NET wrappers can be created for the full set of Teigha for .dwg files and Teigha for .dgn files classes, instead of just a small subset as was done with the classic version.
- SWIG-generated .NET class and function names are identical to the underlying C++ class and function names, making the transition to .NET easier for experienced C++ developers. Note that there are some exceptions to this in a small number of cases, for example nested C++ classes may result in .NET classes that have a prefix attached.
Supported Operating Systems and Compilers
- Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 operating systems.
- .NET Version: .NET Framework 2.0 and .NET Framework 4.0 (note that the 2.0 version is compatible with .NET Frameworks 3.0 and 3.5).
- C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, and all other .NET compatible development languages.