Allows ODA members to build engineering solutions with these features:
- Supported DWG™, DXF, and BDXF file formats:
- Read support for files of version 2.5 through 2014.
- Write support for files of version 12 through 2014.
- Supported DGN file formats:
- Read support for V7 and V8 DGN (including V8 XM and V8I).
- Write support for V8 DGN.
- Convert from V7 to V8.
- Render drawing files using GDI, OpenGL, or DirectX with the ability to select entities.
- Recover and repair damaged .dwg files.
- Edit and manipulate CAD data programmatically, including:
- Explode an entity into a set of simpler entities.
- Apply a transformation to an entity.
- Modify arbitrary properties of database objects.
- Clone a database object.
- Many more.
- Export to SVG, PDF, DWF, BMP, STL, DAE (Collda).
- Import DWF/DAE/DGN files into a .dwg database.
- Support custom objects — members can create custom objects that are usable within any Teigha host application (compatible with .dwg files only).
- Support external files such as font files (TTF/SHX), linetype files (LIN/RSC), and hatch pattern files (PAT).
- Recompute dimension geometry from dimension settings.
- Support transactions and undo/redo capabilities for .dwg file data.
- Support partial .dwg file load capabilities, allowing fast access to small subsets of drawing entities (entities are loaded from disk only if they are explicitly accessed by the client).
- Customize memory management allowing member applications to control memory allocation/deallocation.
- Support .dwg file “round-trip” data. For example, when saving a 2007 .dwg file back to R14, 2007-specific properties are saved to the R14 file as xdata and then restored if the file is loaded back into a 2007-compatible application.
- Support ACIS/Parasolid data internally, including rendering (wireframe and shaded) for embedded 3D solids and access to the underlying boundary representation data.
- Implement custom commands.
- Sample source code applications
- Integrate with third-party components. More details at Third Party Components.
Teigha comes with an extensive set of example applications that cover a wide range of user applications, including:
- Specific to .dwg/.dxf files:
- OdReadEx – Read a .dwg or .dxf file and extract entity level data from the file.
- OdWriteEx – Programmatic creation of a .dwg file containing examples of most supported entity and object types.
- OdCopyEx – Load any .dwg or .dxf file and save as a specified version and type.
- OdDwfImportEx – DWF import capabilities.
- OdDwfExportEx – DWF export capabilities.
- OdaMfcApp – MFC application which demonstrates rendering, entity selection, grip points, PDF export, custom commands, and many other features.
- Many more.
- Specific to DGN:
- ExDgnDump - Read a DGN file and extract entity level data.
- ExDgnCreate - Programmatic creation of a V8 DGN file containing examples of most supported entity types.
- OdaDgnApp - MFC application which demonstrates rendering, PDF export and many other features.
Supported Operating Systems and Compilers
|Windows x86 XP, Vista, 7||Visual Studio 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 (static/dll), CBuilder 2010 (static only)|
|Windows CE||Visual Studio 2005 (ARMV4/ARMV4I static)|
|Windows x64 XP, Vista, 7||Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 (static/dll)|
|Linux (x86/x64)||Gcc 3.3 (x86 only), 3.4, 4.1, 4.2, 4.4 (static/dynamic)|
|Mac OS/X (x86/x64)||Gcc using 10.5, 10.6 SDK (static/dynamic)|
|SGI||MIPSpro C++ Compiler 7.3 (static)|
|Solaris (Sparc/x86/x64)||Sun C++ Compiler (static) Gcc 3.4 (static)|
|HP-UX (RISC 64-bit)||aC++ (static)|
|iOS||iPhone SDK 5.1|
DWG is the native and proprietary file format for AutoCAD® and a trademark of Autodesk, Inc. The Open Design Alliance is not associated with Autodesk.